Not our favourite mushrooms by any stretch of the imagination but at this time of year they are quite common
They need to be cooked quite lightly as we've found that if you over cook them they turn into a runny gooey mess
The flavour is quite bland too compared to some other mushrooms and as a result we only pick them if there are few other good fungi specimens around..
Tip... DO NOT EAT THESE WHEN CONSUMING ALCOHOL!!
As with any fungi, make sure you know without a doubt what it is you are eating, and if you're not sure remember the adage..
IF IN DOUBT LEAVE IT OUT!!