contact us at Buzzardbushcraft @ gmail.com

Sunday, 9 February 2020

Candlesnuff fungus

This little fellow is often overlooked when out in the woods, yet it is quite common if you take the time to look around. It tends to grow on rotten wood and is small in size with white tops and a black base.


In theory this fungus is edible as it has no poisons or toxins in it however it is so small and tough in texture that it really is not worth the bother. The main thing I find interesting about this fungus is that it is bioluminescent, it emits light, however this is usually so faint that it cant be seen with the human eye, but it can be picked up with light intensifiers.

No comments:

Post a comment