contact us at Buzzardbushcraft @ gmail.com

Wednesday, 22 November 2017

Shaggy parasol mushroom

A really nice find recently was this shaggy parasol mushroom.



Although classed as edible this mushroom does contain some toxins that can cause some serious stomach upsets in people even after it has been cooked so it maybe best to avoid it just in case.



The gills are white and if bruised they can turn a slight tinge of pinky red, the spore print is pale cream.

As with most mushrooms gathered for food, if in doubt..leave it out !

No comments:

Post a Comment